A well-financed ecommerce grocery business is looking to hire at the CEO level an individual with robust experience implementing end-to-end multichannel processes, from website to fulfillment; building management teams; and scaling national businesses.
The company is based in New York City and will commence operations in Q1 2014, offering a nationally recognized branded product and the ability to sell this product at a fraction of incumbent players’ prices.
The successful candidate will possess strong background in retail, ecommerce, digital marketing, and supply chain & logistics with a special focus in perishables items. We are looking for an energetic, metrics-oriented person with at least 8 years of experience directly managing and optimizing B2B and direct-to-consumer logistics and supply chain operations. This person will lead the efforts to build and maintain the engineering team, oversee the direct labor force, manage inventory and vendor relationships, and implement and scale operations systems and analytics
• Build and structure management team and key talent, including skilled web engineers and logistics talent with backgrounds from UPS, Fedex, and other 3PL providers.
• Craft the ecommerce strategy and implementation, including building and launching the website. Responsible for the successful delivery of all web projects & e-business solutions. Coordinate and shape the technology direction by establishing priorities and matching web and mobile commerce solutions to business plans. Organize ecommerce marketing, customer acquisition, and customer care teams.
• Implement enterprise-quality logistics, training, marketing, and customer service solutions. Foster cross-functional collaboration to accomplish strategic projects.
• Work with product development to build technical capabilities to streamline operations and simplify operational processes.
• Implement refrigerated and frozen supply chain processes, anticipating 24-48 hour expedited delivery/freight forwarding to businesses and direct to consumers.
• Implement standardized training program for all direct operational employees, including managers, new employees, and on-the-job improvements.
• Set up a comprehensive KPI infrastructure for managing and optimizing operations – from order processing to shipping. Define key metrics for supply chain as well as for each fulfillment/shipping phase therein.
• 8-10 years of distribution/supply chain management experience in a CPG, retail, or grocery organization.
• Effective management, leadership and organizational skills. Ability to influence and lead change. Strong team builder with client and cross-capability teams, clarifying roles and expectations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service (internal and external).
• Create an effective working environment for operations employees, with an emphasis on safety, trust, opportunity, and achievement.
• Solid track record of successfully developing projects from start to completion, on time and within budget.
•Excellent communication skills, particularly in conjunction with technical topics and the ability to communicate with non-technical audiences.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment. Exhibits strong listening skills and the ability to tactfully communicate position on relevant issues.
• Deep orientation towards metrics/analytics, planning, and process optimization. Proven success in optimizing key metrics around productivity, quality, and profitability. Direct responsibility for defining and implementing the steps taken to optimize these metrics.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a 4-year college.
We are currently in stealth mode. To apply, please contact email@example.com and include your resume or LinkedIn page.